This is REKO-circle
REKO is a way to sell locally produced food without middlemen. In your local REKO-circle you can buy products straight from the producer. Simple and genius!
Buyers and sellers get in contact through facebook-groups. There you can find information about how often you can order, and when you can come to the REKO market to pick up the products you’ve ordered. Prior to every REKO market day products are advertised as posts in the facebook group. The buyer orders though leaving a comment in the post. All financial transactions are made prior to the market day – you can not buy products without placing an order prior to the event.
3 simple steps to start buying locally produced foods through REKO
- Find your nearest REKO-circle on facebook and ask to join the group
- Look through the posts in the facebook group, and place your order by commenting on the post that you want to order from.
- Collect your order at the agreed time and place of the REKO market. You can pay by Swish (a Swedish payment app), or with cash.
3 simple steps to start selling locally produced foods through REKO
- Find your nearest REKO-circle on facebook and ask to join the group. Also join the producer facebook group.
- Place an ad as a facebook post to tell the buys what products you offer at the next REKO market day. You are encouraged to write something about yourself and your company, and post pictures.
- Deliver your orders at the greed time and place of the REKO market. Get to know your customers!
- You find fresh seasonal food, and you know where it came from.
- You get the opportunity to meet the person who is producing your food.
- You can buy products that you can’t find anywhere else
- You support the local economy
- You contribute to reducing long transports and unnecessary packaging.
- Food waste is reduced as all products are pre-ordered and everything that is produced gets used
- REKO is cost efficient. Administration and ads are free
- REKO is time efficient. You bring pre-ordered products and delivery is quick.
- You get to sell to someone who appreciates your products and who has actively chosen to buy your products.
- You may have a limited production, or just produce some products for a short time.
- You want to try a new business or test a product
Basic principles of REKO
Only for sale of foodstuff and farm products like wool, skin and beeswax. No resale. No middlemen. Products are pre ordered prior to every REKO market. Every order is a transaction between the buyer and the seller. Trust is established through an honest and objective dialogue. This service is free of charge. It’s the producers responsibility to abide by laws and regulations for safe food production.